We're On!

We finally got our password!!!  I was going through withdrawal.  

Dr. Hess, Lincoln's neuropsychologist just worked with Lincoln for about 20 minutes.  He said all testing shows that our boy is exactly where you would expect him to be after a brain surgery of this size.  He saw some encouraging verbal and memory responses; and some weakness with non-verbal reasoning which wasn't a surprise.  He said many positive things but I can't remember them because I'm too busy obsessing about what he said about Lincoln's affect, or lack there of it.  He said that it's normal for people with right brain injuries to have a "flat" affect, and that the speech therapists would help him with that.  That's what's been upsetting me so much.  He really just seems to not have that Lincoln "spark" that he had.  I'm waiting, I stand on my head, I make really great jokes but the most I get is a little chuckle.  I'm pretty sure my mom, Candy and Andy will probably respond that we have to "wait, wait, wait!"   Dr. Hess could not guarnetee me that the old Lincolness will come back.  Of course I was baiting him to get the answer that I wanted.  He didn't take the bait.  This too is okay.  He'll get it back, because he has no choice, because I'll cram excitement down his throat if I have to.

Lincoln says " Sunnyview is really weird, because there's not a lot of action, but there is a Wii and that 's pretty cool."  Then, "Mom, what time is dinner?  Because it better be soon."

Comments

Popular Posts