Good News and Potentially VERY GOOD NEWS

Our superhero might come home this weekend FOR GOOD, and if he isn't ready to be discharged just yet, he might get a "Sunday Pass" (for good behavior?).  Two therapist have gently tried to break the news to me that he's doing so well that there's talk of moving him to outpatient services.  We're thrilled!  Although I LOVE the amount and intensity of services here I know we'll do our best to work him just as hard at home.  Dr.  Hess did urge me not to overstimulate him and not to drink coffee while working with him.

Also, his "Lincolnness" is coming back.  His humor is coming through ever so slowly, and usually after the lights are out and I'm about to fall asleep.  That's when he comes up with some really funny things.  Last night he made up a song about my new, squishy, round physique (what do you expect after a full month of sitting in a hospital getting NO physical activity and eating nothing of any nutritional value?).  But his humor only comes out at night...he's like Michigan J. Frog...remember him? "Hello my honey, hello my baby...."?  But turn the lights on and he's silent.  Regardless, I'm so happy he's returning!

Comments

  1. That is the best news I've heard in a long time. Welcome home Lincoln!!! Hugs $ Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. For such a dreary day, finally something to smile about! The people who cleaned your house, that still continues right?

    Great happy news! either way!
    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha - the house cleaning fairies....hmmmm...here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is the best news! You have made my otherwise not so pleasant day a joyful one! It will be so good to have your family all home under one roof. Rejoyce!

    Love,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. IIIIII am the fairy who's cleaning the house!! There is only ONE of me. Fairy. Singular. And, while I'm at it, I'm hardly a fairy... not dainty or small at all... I'm right there with the round and squishy Mom of my Son (she alleges) So nice to hear this wonderful news! So WRONG that this is how I learn it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Andy...we all love you, you know that!!!!

    What wonderful news this truly is!!

    Love,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts