Surgery Pictures

They drew the line and then shaved the incision site.


End of surgery, still in the OR.

Dr. Weiner sent us the pictures of the surgery last night. I saw them in bed on my ipod. Completely forgot about them until right before bed. I had a visceral reaction, and knew right away that there was no way we could put them on this blog. Maybe one of him at the beginning of the surgery and the one at the end. And to think I wanted to watch the surgery from behind the glass like they do on Gray's Anatomy. I would not have been able to handle it. We showed them to Lincoln today. He said they shouldn't go on the blog because they're "too graphic". We agree, but also think they're too personal. Can't really explain how I feel. I guess seeing them makes it so much more real. Or maybe I can't believe that my son had to endure something so gruesome. Either way, it's done and the outcome is worth it (I'm still crossing my fingers).

Comments

  1. We can never envision the procedures and pains our children suffer through no fault of their own. We as parents can only hope that we have done our best, at the worse of times, and tried to keep our children safe from all harm. The decision your family made for Lincoln WAS the best and in time and with a lot of hard work, you all will see the positives of your action. Put the pictures away for now. One day when our SUPERHERO is ruler of the world, you can take those pictures out and comment "I REMEMBER THIS". God bless you all for your grace under pressure and be assured that we will all continue to be with you in our thoughts and prayers "all the days of our lives". YOU DID GOOD MOM AND DAD, THE WORSE IS BEHIND YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so thankful to have you in our lives and I tell everyone I know what strong, supportive & amazing parents you are. The worst is behind you, your babies are home with you now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts