Okay, take  a  seat, you really need to sit down for this.
He HAD a seizure last night!           
And a pretty spectacular one too.  I think he was just too tired to fight it after staying up until 5am the night before with coffee and Ritalin.  Then being exhausted all day yesterday and taking benadryl at night for the itching.  I put him to bed at 10:30, no chance of staying up any later, he was just too exhausted…..he barely said 2 words the whole day.  He fell asleep immediately and within thirty minutes he was seizing.  I’m really glad we were here for this seizure because it was a bit different than his typical one (on meds) at home.  It started quieter.  He never yelled for help, or me or Andy.  It was a pretty long one too.  He had a quiet, long seizure, out of sleep.  This does not make for safe seizures.  He was given Diastat about ten minutes into it and has been sleeping ever since (it’s 7:20am  - the clock on this blog is wrong).  I haven’t had any coffee, so I’m physically pulling these unwilling words out of my head right now.  After I’ve had some I’ll write some more.  Our doctors are back from Boston today (did you check out the video links?).  I’m so excited to see what they say about the eeg.  Now I’m just hoping/ praying that all of the electrode leads were connected properly and L didn’t dislodge any with his itching.


THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR PRAYERS – THEY WORK!!!                                               

Comments

  1. HEY LITTLE MURPH!
    YOU did it!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, I know it has not been too much fun in NYC for you and Mom, but I promise when this is all over, surgery and all and all your super powers are back, before you go back to saving the world, I think the Murphy family needs a long vacation to rest! So, if you want to go away for awhile (even though I will miss you like heck) eat up all the wonderful hospital food and do what those cuties (your doctors) advise.
    Hang in there Murph (you too mom) hopefully this will soon be just a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola mama! it's all good here - he's sooooooo tired. At least after surgery he knows he's working toward healing...the hardest part here has been WAITING to do something that really frightens him. Thanks for reading/writing. I guess we'll talk about you and miss Q coming when we know if we still have to stay.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I just knew it was going to happen. Good Job Lincoln! Hang in there, I hope you and Mommy can come home soon. Hugs and Kisses to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job Lincoln! Wow you are so brave and strong! I know having a seizure is scarey for you but you did it!!!
    We all love you!
    The Maine Wrights

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just knew it! I am so Happy! This is the best christmas present ever! Great job Lincoln. So proud of you.
    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning L, Yup....we're all proud of you and your parents for working through all of this! Have the results from the eeg come through yet??? Keep us informed on that front.

    Just reading the blog makes me feel tired....Sounds like all of you need to have a good rest!

    Congrats to you all.

    Much love from CA,

    Keep up the good work.
    LOVE , uncle Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Aunt T might have had something to do with this. Geoff and I toasted Aunt T's bday.....Way to go!
    LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey SuperBoy, Momma B and Cookie are coming down to see you tomorrow. Anything we can bring you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts