Napping

Hello dear public,
Our little/big man is asleep.  He's been out for an hour and a half so far.  As you all know, seizures happen during sleep (his do) so this might be a great opportunity to catch one.  Or on the other hand I may have just completely blown the benefits of the sleep deprivation the night before.  Really, I swear, you can make yourself crazy trying to outsmart these seizures.  I even found myself talking to the right side of his brain while he slept, begging it for  a seizure.   Nuts.  Once I get tired enough I tend to forget why exactly we're even here.  I'll ask Andy, "tell me, why are we doing this again...?"  Because really, it just feels a bit nuts.  

Thank you to all of you who've emailed or posted on Lincoln's blog.  This makes him very happy.  He will eventually post on his own or dictate to me.  Today hasn't been a very good day for him.  His head is beginning to itch pretty bad from the glue used to connect the electrodes to his head.  Once this happens he's pretty miserable.  It happened much later in his stay here in August.  It got so bad that we were giving him Benedryl and he slept around the clock - but at least he wasn't tormented by the itching.

I'm pretty sure that today is Aunt Theresa's birthday so I'm asking her for some big birthday fireworks in the form of a spectacular seizure.  


Comments

  1. It most definitely is Aunt Theresa’s birthday and I’m sure she would want nothing more than to help bring on a seizure for your superhero! I have asked her to do just that, I’m sure she is on the job right now! We are all pulling for you Lincoln. You will be missed at cousin night and will be in our thoughts. Love you, Cousin T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking the blog every chance I get. Evan says "We are all sad that you are not going to be at cousin night, I will sure be missing playing with you. Hope the Dr. makes you have a seizure so they know where to operate on you. Hoping grandma will light the seizure out of you, for the Dr. I hope you get well soon. Hospitals are no fun." Love cousin E (Evan)....
    Thinking of you, Love Cousin P.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts