Just Quick Post - too much to do to get ready fror the big day!

It is crazy around here!  I swear, it feels like finals week in college. You know, how you cram, and cram and just go from studying for one test to the next?  And when it was finally over I'd come down with a killer cold, probably stress induced.  Well that's what it feels like here - not so much stressed as sooo much to do.  Things like pack for each kid, make plans for transportation of family members and even dogs, buy and package a birthday gift for Eva's little friend, get the dogs to the groomers..and then picked back up (!), clean the fridge (God help us all!), arrange for the apartment in NYC, arrange for ot, pt and speech evaluations for when we get home, etc.  I'm not complaining....okay...maybe I am, it's just so rainy and cold and I'd really like to crawl back into my warm bed.   But alas, life must go on.  : )

It's all good.  As long as Lincoln still feels good about it all, which he does, then we do too.

He had two appointments at NYU yesterday.  Blood work and pre-op.  He did great with having his blood drawn - and get this:  he DID NOT have to pee in a cup!  We had him all set for the urine sample this time (see a previous post for the past urine sample horror).  The kid was so full of juice - and it was raining really hard all day.  By the time we got him to his appointment he was about to explode.  I rushed the front desk for a specimen cup only to find that no, he did not need to give a sample today.  WHAT?! Are you kidding me?  Do you know how hard this kid has worked to give this sample?!  Come on, just take it anyway! "   No, no, dear reader,  I didn't actually say that.  But what I did say is, "Are you sure?  Because once he goes, that's it, the well is dry."

All in all it was a quick but very wet day in the city.  Very cold.  Most doctors have said to us, "Just make sure he stays away from sick people." Or "Just make sure he doesn't get sick."  Right.  So when I got him home yesterday I had him strip out of all of his wet clothes, put on warm clothes and get under a really warm blanket.  I even let him lay on the couch and watch tv - really?! he said - yea, yea, sure - just DON'T GET SICK.  ....And then he sneezed.  

I could talk on about this at length - but I won't.  I've got a house to clean.  Andy has some pictures on his phone that we'll put up soon.

Thanks for reading and praying.

 * Jen I forwarded your comment onto Dr. Weiner.  Will certainly let you (and everyone) know what he says.  I remember reading about it. - The decision for a full hemispherectomy is mainly because of the amount of structural damage on the rt side - and the fact that he is a Left Hemi already.

** My BFF Lisa sent me this AMAZING BOOK:  The Brain That Changes Itself.  I can't say enough about it, and I haven't even finished one chapter...but the chapter that I chose to read is subtitled " How Stroke Victims Learn to Move and Speak Again" .  It's about "Constraint-Induced Movement Therapy", which is a therapy that I was going to try with Lincoln anyway.  In a very basic way it's what we did with him as a baby.

*** I can't find the spellcheck on the new Blogger editor - so just forgive our misspellings for now - eventually I'll get back in and edit.  Content over form, for now, until I have more time.

Hang in there, the sun will come out - it has to!

Comments

  1. Just wanted to let you all know that we are thinking of you all. Praying for you all and sending the most positive vibes one could ever send.

    Lots of Love!!!!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts