First Day of Hand Camp

Today was Lincoln's first day of 'hand camp' as we like to call it.  Eventually I will give you all the details, but not yet....to do so entails using the internets, or world wide webs, and they don't seem to be as fast as they used to be.  Just like me, the modern marvel that is the Internet seems to be slowing down...most likely, my iPad and iPhone just need updating, or are old, or maybe obsolete...I don't know.....I move blindly through all this new technology...crossing my fingers most of the time when I hit 'publish' or 'send'.  So please bear with me as I TRY to stay current, or catch up to current, running to catch current like a late person runs to catch a bus.

Actually, I think that I am a little bit angry with Apple.  I think  they think of their devices as disposable...the way I think of vacuums,or irons, or razors (but I shave so seldomly that my disposable razors tend to last longer than my vacuums, irons, coffee pots and yes, even my apple devices).  But enough about Apple because I'm just putting myself in a bad mood....

So today was Lincoln's first day of hand camp.  He was SO EXCITED and couldn't wait for me to get the hell away from him and stop acting so mommish.  Well guess what?  I was looking forward to that myself.  I walked LEISURELY from Columbia down Broadway.  I busied myself in an independent bookstore.  Splurged and bought $40 worth of books! (Three are to give as gifts, the remaining two are gifts to myself.  Yippee!) I desperately searched for a bathroom.  Found one. Used it. Resumed a leisurely gait.  Bought a cafe mocha and slice of banana bread (large!) with a STARBUCKS gift card! (Thanks mom and dad!). Sat on a bench. Read the intro to one of my new books ($5.98 sale rack). Decided I would photograph all the dogs that crossed my path while I sat, read, sipped coffee.  Unfortunately, I had to use the w.c. again so I only counted and photographed five dogs. (Oh, and it had been about two hours since my prior bathroom stop...... I have a child size bladder....)




Comments

Popular Posts