This and that

He's working so very hard.  The hand and arm still are not back, but it's much too early, I know.  Get this, he turned off the TV and said he wanted to run with me this afternoon.  We went  a short little distance, but he worked so hard.  I ran with one hand hanging down (instead of pumping) in solidarity.  He's getting tutored by his Special Education teacher from school.  I've started taking classes for OT and am studying every free minute I can find.  Eva and I sometimes study together at the kitchen table.  We have the following produce (organic) growing in our garden now:  spinach, lettuce, arugula, cilantro, tomatoes, sugar snap peas, eggplants, carrots and brussels sprouts.  We're eating lettuce, spinach, arugula and peas now.  Need to plant basil, cukes and some cold weather root vegetables (later - like beets and parsnips).

Comments

  1. You also need to plant patience, self confidence, our awe of you, a small patch of " slow down' room, and a row of roses for you to stop and smell for a few minute every day. Lincoln is not the same as before the surgery but his progress is AWESOME. He works hard, but he does tire easily. We all see it, but you are too close and cannot see the forest beyond the trees. It has only been TWO MONTHS mom, HE HAS COME A LONG WAY and so have all of you.
    It is great that you and Cookie study together (altough when we go out to dinner it is a bit much) it is quality time together and I bet she loves just being there with you, alone time. WAY TO GO GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, Sweetie.. I already planted Basil, Cukes, Beets and .oh.. onions, not parsnips (I don't like parsnips!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think, Bobbie, your comment is longer than Steph's post!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your garden sounds delightful. We, or should I say, John has planted lettuce, peppers, cukes (he likes them, I do not), zuch., eggplant and even cantlopes (again, he likes, I do not).. hopefully, they start to do whatever it is they need to and multiply! Sounds like Lincoln is doing just fine, impressive that he even chooses to run. Where is that little Miss Eva and her posting?? Hang in dear cousin.
    Love, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could it be because I know her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Running???!!!!! WOW!
    Dont push too hard. I'm talking about Lincoln and you too Stephanie.

    I think a visit in August to the beautiful beaches in Maine is in order!

    The organic veggies sound yummy. Oh that reminds me, I saw these really nice garden markers. I realize you already know what veggies you planted( well Andy does hahaha) but they are pretty. Let me know I'll send them to you. Put it to you this way, if I had a garden I would use em.

    Happy almost Friday!

    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are like superwoman i swear!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts