Fifth Grade Graduation

Our boy recieved his award, which I found out was a scholarship from a local country store.  OMG - you want to talk about EMOTIONAL!  I thought I could handle the day without tears - I WAS WRONG.  I'm still foggy on the details.  I was trying to look, with bleary eyes, through my teeny tiny camera ( my beautiful Nikon is no longer with us.....).  I'm pretty sure the award goes to a student who (in a nutshell) smiles through adversity.....I will get the details soon...promise.  Huge thanks go to both of Lincoln's teachers.  Ms. L for nomianting him for the award, and Mr. H for leading him up the stairs to the stage, down the stage,  taking over his parents' roles so Lincoln could experience a little bit of independence, and so Andy and I could cry from our seats (!).

Lincoln and his teacher

Comments

  1. Congratulations BIG GUY (Momma B was crying and did not get any pics at all). You are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Verklempt! I know that feeling when your child's name is called amongst his peers, and you have to choke back a tear (purely out of embarassment, because everyone else seems to be handling themselves just fine).

    But for something like this, it is overwhelming! and understandable, and you just puff with pride. Congratulations to Lincoln, and give yourself a round of applause as well. You all deserve it!

    Love,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts