Sundries

1.  Don't think I don't realize the irony here.  I just haven't wanted to acknowledge it, so I talk of Sea Monkeys instead.

"Be careful what you wish for."

I know, I know....I should have known better.  I wished for a cast like Brendon's, remember, the little boy who was getting 'constraint induced movement therapy'?(December 14, 2010).  That same day Lincoln fractured his wrist.  Two days later Lincoln was in a cast. Six weeks later he was in a red cast just like Brendon's.  Crazy.  Be careful what you wish for...

2.  Only as the bus pulled away this morning did I realize that we had forgotten to put Lincoln's wrist brace on.  Holy Panic!  Luckily Andy was able to put it on him shortly after he arrived at school.  No more fractures at school...no more fractures period.

3.  I really screwed up the format of this blog.  I"ll work on it when I get some time.  Need someone to "pimp my blog".

4.  Okay...now for the big stuff....
We're about to pass the eleven month mark after surgery.  Still no seizures.  Every day/month we're so pleasantly shocked, surprised, amazed and ever, ever so grateful.  April 7th is the one year mark.  I can't find the words to express how we're feeling....     but I'll look for them.

Comments

  1. I am GRATEFUL to you Andy Lincoln and Eva Ruth for finding the strength and courage for allowing the doctors to do what you all thought best for his progression into adulthood. GRATEFUL to all the people known and unknown for their prayers, support, and words of encouragement. GRATEFUL to the family and friends that picked up the slack while we were "out of it" during L's surgery and long recovery. And most importantly, I am GRATEFUL to the Lord above for guiding this family through and holding us in the palm of his hands so we never felt we were going it alone. A word, for me personally - GRATEFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i don't know if i can pimp your blog, but i did link your blog to my oh so hip blog, we're connected now in blog land.

    www.myfavoritecafes.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts