Coincidence

Eva was in an ATV accident at a friend's house a few days ago.  I got the call that she and her friend were hurt and they were being taken to the hospital via ambulance.  I made it to the ambulance before it took off for the hospital.  I wasn't allowed to ride in it this time because there were two patients in the back and the EMT's needed to be able to get around them.  My daughter looked much too tiny strapped to the board, wearing a neck brace.  I was able to hold her hand for a few seconds before the ambulance took off.  It felt so small, like a baby's, in my hand.  She was in good hands, though.  Chucky, a former student of Andy's, was one of the EMT's on call that day.  He's been to our house on several other occasions to transport Lincoln to the hospital during a status seizure.  If I were a cartoon character you would have seen me shake my head to loosen the cobwebs in my brain, because there was Chucky, and we were in the ambulance again....but it was with the wrong child.  

I'm pretty sure there are some really powerful angels up above watching out for this family.  The girls were very, very lucky.  They were fine and released from the hospital that day with just bruising and aches and pains.  How many miracles is one family allowed? 

And we have certainly learned our lesson about ATV's.  

(Andy was at work but flew to the hospital).

Comments

  1. Uncle Tony & Aunt Teresa promised to watch over E & L for us and it is obvious they are taking their job very seriously. And many years ago I asked Grandpa Diacetis to watch over you and Scott to keep you safe and stong. So I guess we have it covered.
    STAY STRONG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God she is okay. Tell her we love her very very much!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts