Rebooting is almost complete

He's finished rehab at Sunnyview.  And just in time too.  Lincoln worked his BUTT off, and never complained about going.  Once there, he did everything in his power to end each therapy  before the hour mark.  Who can blame him?  He's discharged because all of the therapists see that he needs a break, not because he's fully rehabilitated.  That will come in time.  He is walking so much better than even before the surgery.  He did gain a little more use of his arm (to about two inches below the shoulder), but sadly the hand isn't even close to coming back yet.  He's also lost a great deal of vision.  He'll be wearing new glasses soon that should help to wake up his peripheral vision a bit.  We hope.  I'm getting tired now so I won't go into detail about the vision loss, but I will explain it to you at a later date.

Oh, I almost forgot, we are not doing the Constraint Induced Movement Therapy Camp at Rusk this summer because he hasn't regained enough of his left hand yet.  We're planning on next summer.

Did you notice that I'm writing now?  That's because I finished my summer classes!  I have a life again, indeed!  I have a many blogs to read.  It seems our family has the gift of gab.  I can't wait to catch up!

And a very, very happy and very belated birthday to Aunt Kara.  We love you!

Comments

  1. Good to see the blogs coming in again. Even better to hear about Lincoln and his continued recovery/journey.
    Thanks for the birthday wish too! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts