This Mama's Not Ready for an Empty Nest

My kid is growing up.

My kid turns EIGHTEEN in a month.

When the hell did this happen?

My goodness, what have I been doing for the past few years?

Truthfully, life is a blur after the surgery.

We came home, we took Lincoln to outpatient therapy for the summer.

I went back to school to get a "quick" degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant
- of course I thought I could help Lincoln regain the use of his left hand (this is a story for another time).

I studied hard, graduated with highest honors and at the top of my class.

Andy and I decided to divorce.

Eva struggled.

Eva changed schools.

Lincoln healed and excelled.

I am happy to say that today, seven years after the surgery,

we are all doing very well.

As you probably know, Lincoln had one breakthrough seizure about five years after the surgery.

And was put back on antiepileptic meds.   Thankfully.

Now both kids are happy and thriving and venturing into ADULTHOOD.

And it's so cool to watch!

Lincoln wants to major in Film in college, Eva: investigative journalism.

Pretty freakin' cool, is what I think.

But...how will this mama handle an empty house when these two leave for their own adventures?

I'm not sure.

And that's enough for tonight.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts